2017 Solar Eclipse Rally
Date: 21 of August, 2017
Route: You plot your own route, minimum of 1630 kms
Start/Finish: From your home city and ending either in your home city or somewhere else.
This rally and certification will only be done once in Mexico and the US
(For US riders more info will show at the IBA site)
...The next will be until 2024
You as a member will be able to participate in the 2017 Solar Eclipse-Saddlesore rally of your own. The rules are as follows:
- The rally must start on August 21, 2017.
- You can draw your own route as long as it is 1630kms minimum.
- Photographs of your odometer and gas tickets (the ticket must be on the side of the odometer and must be clearly visible)
- You must list your tickets and fill out the LOG sheet.
- You should take a photo anywhere when the day gets darker by the eclipse. (Do not see the eclipse directly as it can damage your eyesight).
- Only once-If someone who is not a member and wishes to participate in your ride, he / she must be accompanied by an AREM-IBA member. The cost for the non-members is $1,500.00 pesos.
If you are in the US, you must send your proof to IBA: (http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/documentation/application1000.pdf)
In order to register your rally with Asphalt Rats-IBA Mexico, you must do the following:
Once this is done we will send you specific instructions
NOTE: if you just want the IBA certification please go to: http://www.ironbutt.com/themerides/documentation/application1000.pdf
More info on this ride will be showing on the IBA page after the IBR rally